Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Are We There Yet?

I can remember as a kid and vividly as a parent on long family vacations saying or hearing, "Are we there yet?" My response is most often, "Nope! Not yet?...Pretty soon!" I can almost hear my kids asking that question...or how about this one (whining) "When are we going to be there?" At this point my response turns much more sarcastic, "When we get there I suppose!"


I am sure we could all recall a similar scenario, but how often do we ask God that question either subliminally or intentionally in our hearts? When we are faced with a difficult situation and long for a better future, do we grow impatient with God and begin asking Him the question over and over again, "Are we there yet?" "When will this thing be over?"


Isn't it nice to know that God knows exactly when we will arrive at our destination. The length it takes is for our good and building of character. Listen to what the James 1:2-4 says:,

"Consider it pure joy my brothers when you face trials of many kinds. For you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that we may become mature and complete, not lacking anything."

Next time we are faced with difficulty, we can trust God that He is helping us mature in our faith, and we can consider it joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment