Saturday, August 27, 2011

Default Mode (Part 2)

In my last post I talked about how Jesus' disciples reverted back to their default mode of fishing. Even though they were given a much bigger call on their lives to be "fishers of men" they still slipped back into the familiar. I also have done this.

I recently received a direct call from God to plant a church in Tucson, AZ (which I have received in the past and ignored--until now)! I have worked with children and youth for more than 17 years and I always defaulted to this mode. It is more comfortable and familiar. Also, I have a lot of experience in this area and could do it without much help from anyone (or God)?!

I believe God launched me into this new adventure of planting churches to rely on Him for strength and guidance. I don't have a stacked resume in this new endeavor. I have not experienced success in this, but God is teaching me that I need to trust Him and pray for His strength...His agenda...His power. So here I am at the crossroads of a new journey. I am no longer a fisherman, but a fisher of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment